Ithaka S+R US Library Survey每三年進行一次，最近一次的問卷調查結果在今年4月初發表，問卷收集自2019年10月至12月。
The Ithaka S+R Library Survey 2019 examines strategy and leadership issues from the perspective of academic library deans and directors. This project aims to provide academic librarians and higher education leaders with information about chief librarians’ visions and the opportunities and challenges they face in leading their organizations.
- Library directors continue to perceive the value of their roles—and the roles of their libraries—as declining in the eyes of their supervisors and other higher education leaders.
- Student success remains a top objective for library directors and they see the contributions of their library toward this success most strongly in relation to increasing student learning and enhancing student well-being.
- Priorities continue to shift from collections to services.
- A declining share of directors expect to increase financial support for technology, systems, and infrastructure.
- Spending on electronic books now roughly equals that for print books.
- Half of library directors will likely cancel a major journal package in the next five years.
- Roughly half of library directors are interested in contributing to institutional learning analytics tools.
- Relatively few library directors agree that their library, as well as their broader institution, have well-developed strategies related to equity, diversity, inclusion, and access.
1. Ithaka S+R — Ithaka S+R US Library Survey 2019
2. Library Journal — Ithaka Library Directors Survey Reflects a Different Time—and Offers Clues for What May Lie Ahead
3. CONCERT — 學術圖書館的關鍵時刻